Statistics is considered to be the stream of mathematics that has to be applied to different kinds of fields very easily and accurately. Whenever the numbers will be repeated in the statistical data it will be known as the frequency and the frequency has always to be represented in the form of diagrams or tables. Whenever people will go with the option of representing the frequency in the form of the table it will be known as frequency distribution and it can be perfectly shown graphically with the help of different types of graphs and histogram is one of all these kinds of options available to the people. Hence, it is very much important for people to be clear about what is histogram, how to create it and several other kinds of related things.
The histogram is termed as the graphical representation of the group frequency distribution with continuous classes and this will be considered as the area diagram that can be perfectly defined as the set of rectangles along with base and interval between the class boundaries where the area will be proportional to the frequency in the corresponding class. In all these kinds of representations, the rectangles will be at the centre and the base will be covering the intervals between class boundaries very easily. The height of the rectangle will be always proportional to the corresponding frequencies of the similar classes and for different classes, the height will be proportional to the density frequency.
In very simple words the histogram will be based upon involving different kinds of rectangles whose area will be proportional to the frequency of the variable and width will be equal to the class interval in the whole process.
How to make the histogram?
- One will need to begin the whole process by marking the class intervals on the X-axis and frequency on the Y-axis.
- The scale of both the axes have to be the same in the whole process
- People need to be clear that class interviews need to be very much exclusive
- People can draw the rectangles with bases as class intervals and corresponding frequencies as the heights.
- The rectangle will be built on each class interval since the class limit will be marked on the horizontal axis and the frequency will be indicated on the vertical axis
- The height of every rectangle will be proportional to the corresponding class frequency if the intervals are equal in the whole process
- The area of every division rectangle will be proportional to the corresponding frequency of the class if the intervals are unequal in the whole process
- The histogram seems to be very much similar to the graph but there is a slight difference between both of them because the histogram will never involve any kind of gap between the two successive bars.
What are the cases in which histogram can be perfectly utilised?
- The data should be very much numerical
- Histogram can be used in terms of checking out the shape of the data distribution
- Histogram can be perfectly utilised by people in terms of checking if the process changes from one period to another or not.
- It can be used by the people in terms of determining if the output is different or it includes two or more processes in the whole process.
- It should be very much capable of being used in terms of analysis of a given process meeting the customer requirements in the whole system without any kind of problem.
Hence, it is very much important for people to be clear about different types of histograms which will be uniform histograms, bimodal histograms, symmetric histograms, probability histograms and several other kinds of related things in the whole process. Apart from this people also need to be clear about the concept of linear graph from the house of experts of Cuemath so that they have a good command over the entire thing which will allow them to score well in the exams.